Site Network: Home | Social Music Marketing | Endagon Booking |

Only In Tallahassee


What up world? I'm back from my weekend in Tallahassee and I have to say that shit was amazing, people definitely know how to party and actually support good Hip Hop out there (which is nice for a change) I Hit the road on Friday with Redd Simpkins and DJ Y-Not who recently broke his foot on a scooter/motorcycle (We don't know the exact story of how he broke it though). The ride wasn't to bad.

I don't think we were in Tally for more than five minutes till we started drinking which I usually don't do before shows but fuck it , it was a celebration. After a few beers we headed out to the venue (don't drink and drive kids) and met up with Maniac Magee, whose Birthday celebration was the reason we all came up there in the first place. From there on the
drinking continued and we got to experience some local acts, Peace to Crossbreed who ripped it.Simpkins and myself definitely did our thing as well and after rocking we actually got invited back for another show in April that will now be my Tallahassee release party. and this is when things started to get a little more interesting.

After the show and a lot more beer it's safe to say Y-Not was pretty fucked up, and this comically crippled son-of-a-bitch needed some grub and for some reason his only request was "Waffle House" . So Me, Y-Not ,and Magees intern Brittany (cool chick by the way) took my one-legged DJ friend to the wonderful yet sometimes depressing "Waffle House". And after all the fuss about "Waffle House" being a must, we step inside the restaurant and Y-Not says " I've never been Here what should I get?" Unbelievable,So I suggested a waffle and loaded hash browns but this man swears that one waffle is not enough and that he needs a stack of four. Long story short I convinced him to cut his order in half but he still only conquered a waffle and
a few bites of hash browns. After that we crashed out at Magees house for the night.

The next day Maniac Magee was still passed out from partying so me and Y-Not went by a PUBLIX to grab some subs and again some bullshit popped off. Y-Not orders a chicken tender sub and the dude behind the counter makes the most perfect hooked-up sub I have ever seen, so at this point I'm mad excited to order the same thing but right as I step to the counter
to order my sandwich this dude is like " my bad I have to go on break ,but Shereese will make your sub though" well more or less this bitch was the worst sub artist in the history of sandwich making, I'm talking about giving me a skimpy portion of the old dry chicken, cutting the bread all crooked and shit with lettuce just falling all over the place. FUCK YOU Shereese I
was pretty pissed and Y -Not sure found that hilarious. The rest of the day consisted of more drinking and a big ass BBQ at Magee's crib, which gave me the monster "ITIS" so I passed out on the floor for about four hours before our show at Paradigm that night.

When we got to Paradigm the vibe was real ill, lots of good music and beautiful women. And Speaking of beautiful women I met two great chicks (Pictured above) who I'm pretty sure feel in love with ya boy instantly. I downed a few Crown-n-Cokes and me and Simpkins shut that shit down with a live ass performance. and man do those cats in Tally support when you rock a great show, everyone wants to get to know you and tell you how much they appreciate your stuff( which reminds me why I do this music shit) After that Y-Not dropped nothing but classics and got the party vibe rolling for the rest of the night, every one was in a good mood except for one of the clubs owners who got pretty pissed about me following a girl into the Ladies bathroom ((why the fuck not?).

After the club we all went back to a dope little after party at Magees house where some dudes girl walked in on me taking a piss ( what goes around comes around I guess) I told her "this show don't start til three" and she got pretty embarrassed. Shortly after I passed out ,but heard that Y-Not slept in the garage because he couldn't make it up the stairs (mad funny). All in all this was a seriously good weekend and I can't wait to go back to Tally in April to build and party with these people again..til next time...PEACE

Y-NOT: "We made our mark or Tally dude"

KaP: " Yea, A skid mark"

1 comments:

At February 25, 2008 at 7:32 PM DJ Y-NOT said...

Goodtimes, Toby in Tallahasseee.

 

Post a Comment